BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Silence

Silence is the loudest piercing noise
And everyone seems to be yelling at
me and it's killing my ears
for their blank stares carry
more anger and frustration than
their eyes can fathom and their
words can describe.
I want to close my eyes
and listen to the strange silence.
the noise that fails to be
heard
for it is only heard when I am awake.

the shallow expectations of the
world scream in my ear
making my ear drums tingle
and causing my heart to beat.
I realize...

But I look up.

See now things of this world are
not relevant.
superficial desires-- just barely.
I can only be who I am
and by discovering who that is,
I will gladly stand
against hate but for hope
no need to sit around and mope. For,
if love guides my way
that's how i'll forever stay.

sincere in the light.
I'm here to fight this fight.

0 comments: